Sunday, February 15, 2015

Not the relaxing morning I wanted!

Yesterday was a really productive day. We got the chicken brooder built, baby chicks bought, a lid on the turtle enclosure, and a new wifi thermostat I put in all by myself. I felt very accomplished until this morning.

Sundays we usually sleep in, especially when the kids are at  the other parents house. My goats are never thrilled when I finally get out to feed them around 10am instead of their usual 7am feeding. This morning I woke up with a feeling of dread. I had a dream that all 5 of our baby chicks we picked up were dying. I woke up threw, off the covers and ran to check on them.

Wait... Why is the house freezing. Oh shit! It is only 56 degrees in here. We have 3 cold blooded animals in our house as well as the 5 baby chicks that are suppose to be at 95 degrees with their lamp. THIS IS NOT GOOD! I check on the chicks, all are alive. I check on Cynder and turn on her light, not looking sooo good but I have to give her a little time after turning on her light. I will come back. Same for the turtles. Now what the hell did I break?

Every computer person knows try turning it off and back on again. Well that didn't work.

Time to face the elements and go under the house. It is 7 degrees, feels like -11. UGH! Get under the house and flip the furnace on and off. Smack my head on the light down there and break it. Pieces of glass are now in my hair. Great! And that didn't work either. I pass the goat pen and Daisy and Luigi remind me I have farm chores. I let the goats out and give them some hay. Grab the water bucket so I can give them some warm water from in the house. The bucket handle freezes to my palm. Wonderful! Goats are taken care of. Rabbits are going to have to wait till I fix the heat issue.

Time to call my ex-husband. He isn't going to be happy, it is too early for him on a Saturday but he works on HVAC systems and I am at a loss. After rubber ducking over the phone a bit I realize we have a two part heating system and I don't have the thermostat programmed as such. Fix that and go feel the vent again. SWEET! The air is semi warm. Hopefully it just needs some time to warm up. The thermostat is reading 2 degrees more than it was this morning. 59 degrees is still cold but it isn't as cold.

Now to finish the farm chores and go get some breakfast! Oh and some coffee. I have done all this without coffee.

Thermostat is wifi now so I can check to make sure it is continuing to climb. Awesome! On with the rest of my day.





No comments:

Post a Comment